What Are Essential Oils Used For?
Essential oils are used for a multitude of reasons whether it's for some much-needed grounding or to help with your ailments. Ailments are illnesses like the flu or anxiety. Essential Oils Uses also include easing symptoms caused by ailments, like helping you relieve nasal congestion when you have the flu.
What Are Essential Oils?
"Essential oils are compounds extracted from plants" that capture a plant's scent or flavor (West, 2019). Basically, essential oils are a high concentration of a plant or an herb's "essence" that you can use for physical and even emotional healing.
Most Common Essential Oils
- Lavender — Eases stress and helps you fall asleep faster
- Peppermint — Helps clear your airways and cool you down
- Lemon — Great for cleaning and smells refreshing
These are just a few of the most common essential oils. There are tons of essential oils out there that can help you with many different ailments or everyday problems.
Examples of Essential Oils Uses for Ailments
- Ginger — Add 1 drop of Ginger to 8 ounces of water and drink it or add 2-3 drops to an essential oil diffuser to help ease nausea
- Tea Tree — Apply 1-2 drops to the affected area to help disinfect cuts and wounds
- Sandalwood — Add 2-3 drops to an essential oil diffuser or apply 2-3 drops to your wrists and behind your ears to help you relax
Want to Learn More About Essential Oils?
You can learn nearly all there is to know about essential oils by getting The Essential Life book — a comprehensive essential oil guide. This book explains the benefits of every essential oil and provides you with the top five essential oil recommendations for over 600 ailments. Learn more here.
West, H. (2019, September 30). What Are Essential Oils, and Do They Work?