Best Essential Oils for Emotional Support
Essential oils to encourage feelings of positivity:
- Uplifted — Cheer®**, Melissa, Tangerine**, Arise™, Bergamot Mint
- Calm — Lavender, Citrus Bloom™**, Adaptiv™, Patchouli, Roman Chamomile
- Grounded — Balance®, Birch, Steady™, Patchouli, Vetiver
Essential oils to dispel unwanted emotions:
- Anxious — Adaptiv™, Basil*, Neroli*, PastTense®, Console®
- Discouraged — Lime**, Melissa, Elevation**, Wild Orange**, Roman Chamomile
- Exhausted — Basil*, Citrus Bliss®**, PastTense®, Breathe®, Red Mandarin
You can use any of these essential oils topically or diffuse them whenever needed. For diffusing, add 2-3 drops of the essential oil of your choice to a diffuser. To use topically, apply 2-3 drops to your wrists and/or behind your ears as often as needed.
*Dilution recommended. Use 1/2 teaspoon of a carrier oil, such as fractionated coconut oil, per 3 drops of essential oils.
**Avoid sunlight and UV rays for at least 12 hours after application.
Where Did We Find This Information?
We pulled all of the information for this article from our Essential Emotions 10th edition book. This essential oil guide teaches you how to use essential oils for emotional support and lists the emotional properties of every single and blend oil sold by dōTERRA. For example, Tangerine can be used to encourage feelings of creativity, spontaneity and joy. Learn more about this book here.