The next time you get a sunburn, try using one or more of these essential oils for sunburns. Each of these essential oils helps relieve symptoms of sunburns, such as swelling or warmth.
Best Essential Oils for Sunburns
- Lavender — Supports healing and maintains healthy tissue
- Peppermint — Anti-inflammatory and used for cooling/burn care
- dōTERRA Immortelle — Promotes renewal and healing
- Frankincense — Anti-scarring and has anti-inflammatory/analgesic/healing properties
- Helichrysum — Healing and pain relieving properties
Use any of these essential oils for sunburns by applying them topically or adding them to a roller blend.
Topical use: Apply 2-3 drops to the affected area.
Caution: Dilute Peppermint with a carrier oil, such as fractionated coconut oil, when using this oil topically.
Dilution: Use 1/2 teaspoon of a carrier oil, such as fractionated coconut oil, per 3 drops of essential oils.
Roller Blend for Sunburns
Use this essential oil roller blend for sunburns on the affected area and massage into skin.
HERE'S HOW THESE OILS HELP:
Frankincense — Anti-inflammatory and analgesic
Myrrh — Anti-inflammatory and fights infection
Melaleuca — Anti-inflammatory and analgesic
- Lavender — Supports healing and calms irritation
Where Did We Find This Information?