If you have a cough that just won't seem to go away, we have several essential oils for coughing listed here that can help soothe your throat.
Top 5 Essential Oils for Cough
- Breathe® — Promotes easy breathing
- Rosemary — May support healthy respiratory function when taken internally
- DigestZen® — Soothes dry or sore throat when taken internally
- Cardamom — Promotes easy breathing and respiratory health when taken internally
- *Lemon — Relieves congestion and reduces mucus
You can apply any of these essential oils topically or add them to your diffuser!
Topical use: Apply 2-3 drops to your wrists and behind your ears. After application, wash your hands to avoid getting any essential oils in your eyes.
Internal use: You can add 2-3 drops of Rosemary, DigestZen® or Cardamom to a veggie capsule and take internally.
Caution: Dilute Breathe® with a carrier oil, like fractionated coconut oil, when using topically to avoid possible skin sensitivity.
Dilution: Use 1/2 teaspoon of a carrier oil, such as fractionated coconut oil, per 3 drops of essential oils.
*Avoid exposure to sunlight or UV rays for up to 12 hours after application.
Roller Blend for Cough
Apply this roller blend to your wrists, chest and behind your ears to help soothe your cough. Apply as often as needed.