Arrow Root Powder - 1 lb
Arrowroot is a starch obtained from the root-stock of various starchy plants. Ours is obtained from the Maranta Arundinacea, which is considered a traditional source of Arrowroot Powder.
Arrowroot was used by the early inhabitants of the Americas as an additive in culinary preparations and cosmetics. Today, Arrowroot Powder is still used in the culinary industry and by many personal care products manufacturers.
Here are a few Arrowroot Powder uses to consider:
- Used in body powders to make skin silkier and smoother
- Softens skin by enabling it to absorb moisture
- Helps dry blemishes, rashes or wounds
- A great thickener for natural care products, like deodorant, lotions, sugar scrubs, body butters, and natural cosmetics
- A substitute for wheat or corn flour in gluten-free baking