Self-Love and Care
Valentine’s Day is over but that doesn’t mean the love needs to stop flowing. This week at Oil Life, we are discussing relationships. More specifically, our personal relationships with ourselves. Sometimes it feels like all we are good for is lending a hand to other people, and, as good as it is to give yourself to others, it is just as important to take some time out of your day to work on your relationship with yourself. Sometimes it feels like our days never stop and, by the end of the evening, we are exhausted. Even though you’ve checked off everything on your to-do list, did you stop to think of yourself?
Having a good relationship with yourself is incredibly important. We are so quick to point out are flaws, beat ourselves up over mistakes we’ve made, and make lists on how we can generally improve ourselves. Although it’s good to always being looking inward to improve ourselves and be a better person overall, it is crucial to appreciate and be thankful for all the beautiful and lovely things about yourself. Everyone has their own way of showing self love, but nothing screams “I love myself” more than an at home spa day! Here’s what we love to include in our DIY spa days:
1. Find a Relaxing Diffuser Blend: Set the perfect aroma by taking a deep breath of the most perfect, relaxing blend.
Relax Diffuser Blend:
Add 5 drops of blue tansy, wild orange, and ylang ylang to your favorite diffuser. We recommend our Harmony Diffuser; it is a diffuser and bluetooth speaker in one! Sync up your favorite relaxation playlist to help wind down.
2. Take a Bath: If you could take a bath every single night, would you? It is the perfect addition to any night of self-love. So close your eyes and enjoy the serenity of a hot bath!
The Basic De-Stress Bath:
1 cup of Epsom salts or sea salt
½ cup of baking soda
10 drops of Lavender oil
Drop the 10 drops of Lavender oil onto a dry mixture of the salt and baking soda. Soak into tub as desired. Feel free to combine 10-15 drops of another oil (such as sandalwood oil or grounding blend) to increase the benefits of your relaxing bath.
3. Take Care of Your Skin: Our skin is the biggest organ in our bodies and it is so important to take care of it. Don’t neglect the skin you live it!
Grapefruit Exfoliating Scrub:
30mL of fractionated coconut oil
3 ounces of fine sea salt
10 drops of grapefruit essential oil
Pour coconut oil into a bowl for blending, add grapefruit oil, and mix; then add sea salt as you stir. Stir until thick paste is formed. Add more coconut oil if a looser consistency is desired. Massage scrub in circular motion directly on skin. Wash off with warm water.
(Note: because this is a scrub, we advise you don’t rub this mixture on particularly sensitive or irritated skin)
4. Nails, Nails, Nails! We have an entire blog post (and video!) dedicated to nail care and healthy remedies. Check it out here!
5. Get a Good Night’s Sleep: After your pamper yourself, it’s essential to get a good night’s sleep. And we have a good tea recipe for you to help you get your “zzz’s” on.
Bedtime “Tea” For Relaxation:
Brew chamomile tea and add 2 drops lavender oil. Slide into your pajamas and cuddle up with a blanket and pillow and get ready to have a good snooze!
*Information and recipes are found in the beloved book, The Essential Life. It is available for purchase on here from Oil Life*