Welcome, sunshine!!! We are loving every opportunity to step outside, squish the grass and dirt between our toes, and connect to the earth.
Memorial Day is coming up, and is a great time to gather with loved ones! We’ve put together a couple oily tips for outside gatherings:
- Natural Grill Cleaner
- 1/4 cup baking soda
- 2 tbsp. natural dish detergent
- 5 drops lemon essential oil
- distilled white vinegar
Combine the first three ingredients. Add vinegar until mixture has an olive-oil consistency. Brush mixture onto metal grill, and let sit for 15-30 minutes. Use a damp scouring pad or grill brush to scrub surface clean. Rinse with water.
*Side note: If you’re planning to use the grill, grab The Essential Life book and check out our 5 Star BBQ Sauce recipe (page. 383)–you can thank us later.
2. Bug Repellant
- 10 drops lemongrass
- 10 drops lavender
- 10 drops geranium
- 10 drops peppermint
- fractionated coconut oil
Mix essential oils in a small spray bottle; add coconut oil to fill. Shake well and spray on exposed areas of the skin.
3. Honey-Lime Fruit Salad
- 1 lb fresh strawberries, diced
- 1 lb fresh pineapple, diced
- 12 oz fresh blueberries
- 12 oz red grapes, diced into halves
- 4 kiwis, peeled and diced
- 1 (15 oz) can mandarin oranges in juice, drained well and sliced into halves
- 2 ripe bananas, diced*
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tsp lime zest (zest of 2 medium limes)
- 1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
Share your pictures and how you use these tips with #oillife or by tagging us in your photos!